The 17th International HL7 Interoperability Conference (IHIC 2017) will be held from 22-24 October 2017 in Athens, Greece. The meeting will be hosted by HL7 Hellas, with support from HL7 Germany as permanent IHIC supporter - other HL7 Affiliates have been invited to join the supporters’ team. The motto of the 2017 conference is:
"Re-shaping healthcare systems"
The conference aims to play the role of an interface between science, research and practice with regards to interoperability in the health and social care domain to share experiences and best practices.
It will present scientific papers on the one hand and demonstrations, practice reports, success and failure stories on the other hand.
- Bernd Blobel - Co-Chair (DE)
- Alexander Berler - Co-Chair (GR)
- Christof Gessner (DE)
- Kai Heitmann (DE)
- Mauro Giacomini (IT)
- Dimitrios Katehakis (GR)
- Nikos Kyriakoulakos (GR)
- Lina Nikolopoulou (GR)
- Sylvia Thun (DE)
- The advancement of interoperability
- Harmonization of interoperability standards and specifications among different SDOs
- Terminology and ontology challenge of interoperability
- Concepts and frameworks for Smart Interoperability Infrastructure Services
- Local, regional or national Electronic Health Records solutions
- Business Intelligence and Clinical Decision Support
- Security, safety and privacy
- Specification and implementation tools
- FHIR and CDA – controversy, coexistence, or synergy?
- “Show me your CDA” – CDA implementations at all levels
- One IHIC 2017 session will be dedicated to the Greek national project on ePrescription, enriched by related experiences from other countries.
- Another session will address EU projects European HL7 Affiliates are involved in.
- Distribution of the Call For papers: 1 January 2017
- Deadline for submissions: (Submission deadline extended until June 11 2017)
- Evaluation and notification: 15 July 2017
- Camera-papers ready due: 15 August 2017
- IHIC 2016: 22-24 October 2017
Submissions and Formats
- Manuscripts should not exceed 5000 words and must strictly follow the instructions for authors available at the Conference Website.
- Papers are to be submitted electronically at the IHIC Submission System https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ihic2017 before June 11 2017 (final deadline).